Friday, September 28, 2007

I realize I am doing this a little late, Dr. Lambiase. Anywho, My news habits are obsessive, broad and slightly viral. I literally shout at the television when news comes on that I think is ridiculous or when I think they are covering it wrong (i.e. the "live" broadcasts on the evening news where they have the reporter standing on the steps of the courthouse. Never mind the fact that the trial took place earlier, and the reporter could have just done his story from the newsdesk, but no, polls show audiences want their news live, so the reporter has to go stand in the middle of nowhere for no good reason).

Like I said, my news habits are obsessive. Sometime in between finishing
my homework and studying for my next class, I make time to read Salon.com, Dallasnews.com, www.dentonrc.com, seattlepi.com, sfgate.com, news.google.com, and all of my favorite comics (I really don't think I could take the news without Candorville or Non Sequiter, and I miss Boondocks.) I also pick up the NT Daily, partially because I work for them and want to see what the copy editors did to my story, and partially because I want to read what my friends have written. These habits have, in the past, caused trouble with me actually finishing my homework, leading me to wonder if I have ADD. I also pick up the Daily because it's just nice to read a newspaper. They're fairly cheap, lightweight (certainly lighter than carrying around a laptop), and I actually enjoy getting ink on my fingers.
In case you haven't noticed, my favorite punctuation is the parenthesis. Blame Terry Pratchett and the guy who wrote the Princess Bride. Asides are fun.

No comments: